- This event has passed.
The Blue Ridge Art Clan: A Group Exhibition
The Art Clan flourishes today with over forty members from Ashe and surrounding counties. It represents and supports excellence in the Fine Arts. The Art Clan sponsors opportunities for beginning to experienced artists to participate in educational activities, the creative process and the appreciation of the Fine Arts.
- Fighting Cocks Thailand by Bee Bumgardner (2002); egg tempera and watercolor
- Daises by Joy Campbell (2004); watercolor
- Sunflowers by Ellen G. Caron; acrylic and oil on canvas
- End of the Road by Emily Davis (2004); watercolor
- Cascades by Andrea Douglass (2004); acrylic on paper
- Memories of Jenny Lake, Wyo. by Mary Foreman (2003); oil on canvas
- Lady Slipper by Molly Gambill (2002); mixed media on paper
- Have a Peach by Gladys Kester; oil on canvas
- A Very Testy Elk by Luther Krider (2005); oil on canvas
- Picket Fence by Lib McRimmon (2004); watercolor
- Party Time by Melba G. Miller (2004); oil on canvas
- Russ’ Winter Tracks by Judy Mitchell (2004); watercolor
- New River Morning by John Painter; oil on canvas
- Moutons Et Moutarde by Edward Perzel (2005); watercolor
- A Peep at Paradise by Peggy Richardson; oil on canvas
- Willet Miller Barn by La Mae Strange (2005); oil on canvas
- Indian Corn by Carl Trainum (1999); oil on canvas
- Stone Bridge by Janet Warner; etching
- Devil Stairs Trillium by Loretta J. Weaver (1999); acrylic on canvas
- Old Rag by Carol Whitmore-Herring (2004); watercolor
Art Clan meetings are held in the Ashe County Public Library every 4th Saturday from March through October. A program is planned for each of these monthly meetings. All monthly meetings are open to the public. There is an annual fee of $35 for Art Clan Membership.